"CURING" YOUR VOTE BY MAIL BALLOT
If you received information that your vote by mail ballot was rejected, the Miami-Dade Elections Department must receive all information to cure your ballot by 5 PM on November 5, 2020. If your vote by mail ballot was rejected, it was most likely due to a non-matching or missing signature. Click here to check your ballot status.
HOW TO CURE YOUR BALLOT FOR SIGNATURE PROBLEMS
Note: Several political campaigns are also offering Ballot Cure services. If you choose to avail yourself of that assistance, please request proof of mailing/faxing/emailing
2. Find and make a photocopy of your valid “Tier 1” or “Tier 2” identification. Provide Tier I-type ID if you have it; if not, provide “Tier 2” ID.
Tier 1 identification is current and valid identification that includes your name and photograph (these are the permissible types of ID)
Florida driver license
United States Passport
Florida ID card issued by the Department of Highway Safety and Motor Vehicles
Florida license to carry a concealed weapon or firearm
Military, student, retirement center, neighborhood association, or public assistance ID
Veteran health identification card issued by the United States Department of Veterans Affairs
Debit or Credit Card
Employee identification card issued by any branch, department, agency, or entity of the Federal Government, the state, a county, or a municipality
Tier 2 identification should be provided only if you do not have a Tier 1 form of ID. Tier 2 ID shows your name and current residence address. Acceptable IDs are:
Current utility bill
Government document (excluding voter information card
3. If you have a printer with a scanner, scan the completed and signed affidavit and the identifications and email them as an attachment to firstname.lastname@example.org You may also mail, fax, or take the information to the Elections Department using the contact information on the affidavit.
WHAT IF YOU DON’T HAVE A PRINTER OR SCANNER?
You may have received a signature cure affidavit in the mail, so use that. We can send you a form in the mail if you text your name and South Dade address to us at (305) 209-0195 before October 20th . After that, please go to a Public Library, office supply store, or other commercial establishment to print the form. Then,
1. complete and sign the form and your ID,
2. take a clear photo in good light of the form and your ID
3. email the photos to the address on the affidavit: email@example.com
If you would like further assistance, please text the South Dade NAACP at (305) 209-0195 and leave a message with your name and telephone number so we can get back to you as soon as possible.